All Instagram accounts connected to Pressboard must be linked to a Facebook page to display insights
Instagram has 3 different types of profiles: personal, creator and business. Due to Instagram’s API limitations, Pressboard requires that your Instagram account is either a Creator or Business account AND is linked to a Facebook page.
Step 1: Switch to an Instagram Creator or Business account.
If you already have one of these account types, skip to Step 2
- In the Instagram mobile app, go to your profile.
- Tap ☰ in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings > Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account or Get More Tools at the bottom.
- When asked, Which Best Describes You?, tap Creator or Business and Continue.
- If you choose a Business account, connect your Instagram business profile to an existing Facebook Page or create a new Facebook Page. Review your business contact information and tap Done.
- If you choose a Creator account, move on to Step 2
Step 2: Link a Facebook page to your Instagram Creator account
- In the Instagram mobile app, go to your profile > Edit Profile > Page.
- Check that the right Facebook Page is connected.
- If the right page isn’t connected, select the right page or create a new one.
- If no page is connected, create a Facebook Page or connect to an existing one.
Note: Your Instagram business profile must be connected to a Facebook Page that you are an Admin for.
Once you have an Instagram Creator or Business account AND have linked it to a Facebook page you will have access to the full set of tools available from Instagram and Facebook, as well as the ability to create your Pressboard Media Kit.