A detailed guide on the steps you can take to create reporting metrics and activate goals using your bespoke custom metrics.
What is a 'custom metric' ?
This is a bespoke metric created exclusively for you within your account by our technical team. Normally, we collect these requests during the Onboarding stage. However, there may be instances where the requirement arises to monitor a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) that extends beyond a conventional data point and may consist of multiple elements.
Once live in your account, you're able to proceed with creating your reporting metrics i.e highlight metrics and charts. Let's take the example of a single metric to add to a Story Report in Campaign Workflow.
1. Head to Report Components and select 'New Component' to enter the workflow.
2. Select Highlight to create a single metric
3. Complete fields with an asterisk. If the metric spans multiple data sources, select 'Pressboard' as the Thumbnail since the metric is agnostics, otherwise select the relevant Data Source.
4. Now launch the widget builder by selecting 'New Widget'.
5. Enter the name of your custom metric in the search, it will be listed either under 'Story' or the relevant Data Source.
6. Select 'Number' under Chart Type once the measure is selected and run the query. This should produce a single numerical value. Apply a name and hit 'Save'.
You will land back on the first screen where you can select the newly saved widget and complete the process.
The component is now searchable within the Report Components library and available in the Custom Report builder. You can update any report Templates accordingly. You can go back and make any edits if needed at this stage.
To add it to a Story Report:
Head to Story Reports and open the edit settings next to the Report type.
You're taken to the edit screen for the existing Story Report broken down into Highlight Components and Chart Components. Note, up to six Highlights can be selected to display in each summary.
Feel free to reorder the components as needed by dragging up and down.
Chart Components load when you select the View Reports option for any Report Type. Select Chart instead of Highlight to add custom metrics to create new widgets for these components. Go to Step 2 .
Note, you can proceed to add your custom metric in Goal Tracking as soon as the custom metric is live in your account. This process is independent of creating Report Components.
1. In the required Campaign head into Goal Tracking, you will see sections to add Goals for every Story.
2. Select 'Add' to proceed to adding a Goal. You will find your Custom Metric already listed, as long as the Report Type has been added. For example, if the custom metric relates to Meta Instagram, you must have the the relevant Instagram Report added to the Story already.
Speak to your Customer Success Manager if you have further queries!